- The average length of a live-in relationship is 1.3 years.
- Cohabiting couples have an 80%+ chance that their relationship will end. (40% breakup before they marry; the other 40% divorce within 10 years of marriage.)
- The U.S. Justice Department found that women are 62 times more likely to be assaulted by a live-in boyfriend than by a husband.
- Living together doubles the risk for child abuse for any children in the home of a couple cohabiting.
- Cohabiting women have rates of depression 3 times higher than married women.
- Approximately 1 in 5 women living with someone has a sexual relationship with someone other than the guy with whom she lives. On the other hand, only an estimated 1 in 25 married women has a sexual relationship outside of marriage.
- If the couple abstains from sex before marriage, they are 29-47% more likely to enjoy sex afterward than those who cohabit.
- Married couples who pray together and practiced Natural Family Planning (NFP) as opposed to artificial contraception only have a 3-5% divorce rate.
- Currently, there are 12 married couples for every cohabiting couple