Friday, August 28, 2009

Question Box Friday: Talking about Sex

Question: When should I talk to my boyfriend about not wanting to have sex until I'm married?

Answer: It is really important to have this discussion early on in the relationship. I have personally had this conversation as early as on my first date with a guy. I find that it is easier to be open and honest from the beginning.

Relationships involve a lot of communication. If your boyfriend knows that you are committed to saving sex for marriage, he will be able to help you. When you tell your boyfriend about your values, it will bring up great topics for discussion and you will be able to see where he stands on these issues as well.

It may be scary to bring up this important topic, because you don't know how he will react. However, you know that your sexuality is a special gift for only one person, your husband. If your boyfriend doesn't respect or agree with that, he might not be the right guy for you. You are worth waiting for and shouldn't settle for anything less than the best.

No comments: