Sunday, December 12, 2010

Our Lady of Guadalupe

December 12th, Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe
"Am I not here who am your
mother? Are you not under my shadow and protection?
Am I not your fountain of life? Are you not in the folds of my mantle, in the crossing of my arms? Is there anything else you need?" - Our Lady to St. Juan Diego

I love being Catholic. No where else can you get the Eucharist, Christ, and no where else can you get the fullness of the beauty of Our Lady. Our Lady of Guadalupe is one of my special favorites particularly because she reminds me to be open to God. Openness to God. As you can see, if you look closely, this is the only picture of Mary while she is pregnant; she's bringing Him to you. Openness and receptivity.
P.S. AND patroness of the Americas and the pro-life movement. Another great reason to love her.

No comments: